Hi, folks! After a brief hiatus, I’m back. Hope everyone’s well and good. I’m still in New York City so technically, it isn’t summer on my end. However, I do know that it’s major #summerfeels now in the Philippines and trust me, I miss summer! Yes, the heat can be unbearable but think of it this way – summer means more rest, beach trips (yay!) and several weeks of ultimate possibilities! Let’s count a few ways for you to make this your most epic summer yet!
- Travel. It is the BEST teacher. I’ve always believed that when you travel and see the world, you become a better person. And I’m not just talking about traveling to foreign countries or discovering far-flung places. I’m talking about heading to a nearby province like Bukidnon and connecting with the Lumad community. Or volunteering at a farm. Or tracing your family’s roots and perhaps meet relatives you’ve only interacted with online.
- Do something you’ve always been meaning to do but haven’t gotten around it. No more excuses this time! Have you always wanted to learn a new language for instance and you dilly dally because either you don’t have the budget or you think you don’t have the time? Sorry to rain on your parade but there are lots of apps now that you can use for FREE and use as much as you can and wherever you are. For weeks now, I’ve been learning Spanish on my own via the Duolingo app. I recommend it!
- Do something out of your comfort zone. Ever heard of that saying that goes something like – it’s only when you’re placed in a difficult situation that you tend to shine? It’s true. It’s innate in all of us.
- Work during summer and save! (But try, as much as possible, to be involved in something you’re passionate about) I know that each of us faces various circumstances in life but in the event that you have the option to choose how to earn extra income this summer, then why not work in a place where you want to be in, doing tasks that you know you’re pretty good at?
- Have an open heart, be more understanding of others, be more patient and kind and be ready for just about anything! Actually, this last bit should always be done all year long.
How do you plan to make this your most epic summer yet? Let me know!
Til next ish! Safe travels, everybody!