Home | Mindanao | Mayor Regencia asks Marawi evacuees to go back home anew

Mayor Regencia asks Marawi evacuees to go back home anew

By Nora Soriño
Iligan City Bureau Chief .

Iligan City — Mayor Celso Regencia has again requested evacuees staying in the city to go back to Marawi City.

However, he did not give the evacuees a specific date this time but reminded them that it has been nine months since the war in Marawi has been declared “liberated.”

Regencia noted that there are still may evacuees staying in Barangay Sta. Elena, here, as of late last week.

He said they have been received well but it is understood that their living here is only temporary, even as he reminded them too that they should follow the rules of the place where they are living.

Earlier, he set a date for them to go back, which was Jan. 31 and again on Feb. 15.

Regencia said he did not tell them to settle in ground zero but Marawi is a large place and they did not have to settle in ground zero.

He sounded alarm bells in the wake of reported threats to the city and three other cities in Mindanao by extremist groups who have reported to be in the process of regrouping.

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

‘Prioritize poor students in science classes at Mogchs’

By Edwin Iyo Correspondent . Misamis Oriental Vice Governor Jose Mari Pelaez urged teachers of ...