Home | News | Oplan Tokhang reloaded

Oplan Tokhang reloaded

By Nitz Arancon,
Correspondent

THE NATIONAL Police has started the second round of the national police’s Operation Tokhang across the country yesterday.

Here, Camp Alagar commander Chief Supt. Agripino Cruz has issued a directive on the relaunching of Oplan Tokhang to all provincial and city police directors in northern Mindanao.

Camp Alagar spokesman Supt. Lemuel Gonda said Javier’s directive came with guidelines in relaunching of the nationwide anti-illegal drugs campaign.

The guidelines list the following:

  1. All anti-illegal drugs operations shall be coordinated with the Drug Enforcement Agency.
  2. Only members of the Drug Enforcement Unit are allowed to conduct operations. Its member should be clear of any derogatory record and be reminded of accountability and internal cleansing.
  3. Oplan Tokhang activities shall be done with barangay chairpersons or other barangay officials, church leaders, and territorial commanders (i.e. chief of police stations and commanders).
  4. All Regional Drug Enforcement Unit, Provincial Drug Enforcement Units,  Municipal Drug  Enforcement Team, Station Drug Enforcement Teams shall be directly under the regional director, provincial director, city director, and territorial commanders, respectively.

However, the Cagayan de Oro City Police Office (Cocpo) has relaunched the anti-illegal drug operations in the city earlier that its counterpart in the region on Saturday.

Cocpo spokesman Chief Insp. Mardy Hortillosa told Gold Star Daily that city police director Senior Supt. Gerardo Rosales has already created two teams for the anti-illegal drugs campaign.

Rosales, Hortillosa said, formed the City Drug Enforcement Unit which will be headed by City Intelligence Branch head Chief Insp. Ariel Philip Pontillas.

Facebooktwitter

About Nitz Arancon

Nitz Arancon

Nitz Arancon started his career in the broadcast media. He worked as a cameraman for a news program of a local TV station, and subsequently became a reporter and later, commentator of the now defunct radio
station DxJR.

Check Also

Aid for Lanao Sur evacuees sufficient

The government assured there will be sufficient resources for internally displaced persons in Lanao del ...

DISCLAIMER: We welcome fiery exchanges but we do not tolerate ad hominem attacks, casting criminal and false aspersion on our reporters and opinion writers. We reserve the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted on our website without prior notice.


POSTING RULES: Do not use obscenity. Stick to the topic discussed. Do not veer away from the discussion and be respectful at all times. Do not use CAPITAL LETTERS as this means shouting in the thread.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *