Breaking News
Home | Top Stories | Calizo calls for Aganon’s replacement

Calizo calls for Aganon’s replacement

By NITZ ARANCON,
LITO RULONA
and JOEY
NACALABAN
, Correspondents .

COUNCILOR Romeo Calizo over the weekend called on Camp Alagar to order the replacement of city police director Col. Nelson Aganon following a motorcycle accident that left the police chief seriously injured.

The call came even as the officer-in-charge of the city police office, Lt. Col. Reynante Reyes, said physicians suspected that Aganon suffered a stroke at the time of the accident.

Lt. Col. Mardy Hortillosa, city police spokesman, said many noticed that Aganon was not in shape when he made the second motorcycle jump attempt.

At presstime,  Aganon is still in a coma; he went under the knife again Friday.

Calizo, who chairs the city council’s committee on police, said Aganon would not be able to function well as police chief of the city even if he is discharged from the hospital.

Aganon was placed under intensive care at the Polymedic Medical Plaza in Kauswagan after he nosedived while attempting a motorcycle jump as part of a motorcycle-riding course at Camp Evangelista last week. He suffered head trauma and was in a coma.

“Bisan maka-recover na siya apan nagkinahanglan pa gihapon siya sa ta-as nga pahulay aron dili siya ma-stress,” Calizo said. “We need a regular and permanent city director.”

He said Brig. Gen. Rafael Santiago, police director for Region 10, should immediately submit a list of possible replacements to Mayor Oscar Moreno so that the local chief executive could choose the city’s next police director.

This should be done, according to Calizo even as he pointed out that the Cagayan  de Oro City Police Office cannot be run by a mere deputy.

“Na-a nay iyang deputy police director pero ang function sa deputy igo lang sa mga administrative matters ug wala sa iyang gahom ang pagpakana-og sa mga serious decisions dili sama sa full-fledged chief of police,” Calizo said.

Mayor Moreno, for his part, said he was saddened by what happened to Aganon even as he wished him well.

“Ampo lang ta nga maka-recover si Col. Aganon sa sayo nga panahon,” he said.

Calizo said the medical bulletin as of Friday night did not guarantee that Aganon is on his way to full recovery.

“Malouy man kita tungod sa iyang career but the welfare of the city should prevail. The priority is the health of Aganon, and the peace and order condition of the city,” Calizo said.

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

Normin’s losses due to ASF reach P846m

By URIEL C. QUILINGUING, Contributing Editor ASIDE from African swine fever scare, local government-imposed bans …