Breaking News
Home | Top Stories | Cops back to barracks but security level still up

Cops back to barracks but security level still up

By NITZ ARANCON
Correspondent .

OVER 500 police officers and Army soldiers went back to their barracks following Wednesday’s fiesta revelries in the city but authorities have remained on heightened alert.

Maj. Evan Viñas, spokesman of the Cagayan de Oro City Police Office (Cocpo), said the alert level in the city has not been downgraded, and it would remain as is until the intelligence unit of Cocpo declares the security situation in the city normal.

“Hangtud nga wala pay assessment report ang atong intelligence unit, magpabilin ang full-alert status, bisan wala nay mga fiesta activities,” Viñas said.

Camp Alagar spokesman Lt. Col. Mardy Hortillosa said the police regional office alone beefed up security forces in Cagayan de Oro last week by deploying 475 officers from its Regional Mobile Force on orders coming from police director for northern Mindanao Brig. Gen. Rafael Santiago.

The Army’s 4th Infantry Division also fielded soldiers to help in this week’s fiesta security. The augmentation forces, all working under Task Force Oro, executed a security plan prepared by the local police.

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

Cops barge into Balay Mindanaw, traumatize Marawi siege trauma session participants

By FROILAN GALLARDO Special Correspondent . POLICE On Wednesday further traumatized participants of a two-day …