Breaking News
Home | Top Stories | Delay in city council’s approval forces city hall to use reenacted 2017 budget

Delay in city council’s approval forces city hall to use reenacted 2017 budget

CITY hall is now operating based on a reenacted 2017 budget of P4.5 billion due to delays in the city council’s approval of Mayor Oscar Moreno’s proposed P5.8-billion budget for this year.

“We will just wait. I hope they (city council) would approve it as soon as possible,” said Mayor Oscar Moreno.

But Moreno said the delays in the approval of his proposed 2018 budget has not yet affected city hall’s operations.

Vice Mayor Raineir Joaquin Uy assured that the city council would work “double time” in an effort to approve a budget for city hall for this year.

Uy said the city council failed to finalize Moreno’s proposed budget last month because, at that time, there was no approved annual investment plan yet based on a rule set by the Department of Budget and Management.

The investment plan was approved by the city council only on Monday.

“I hope that by next session, we can approve the proposal of  Mayor Moreno,” Uy said. (nitz arancon)

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

Iligan now under state of calamity

By Nora Sorino and Frank Dosdos of GSD-Iligan Bureau,Jigger J. Jerusalem and Edwin Iyo, Correspondents …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *