Breaking News
 
Home | Top Stories | Deloso case hasn’t reached court yet

Deloso case hasn’t reached court yet

By NITZ ARANCON
Correspondent . 

PROSECUTORS have yet to decide whether or not to elevate the frustrated murder case filed by Supt. Michael John Deloso against two of his subordinates in Camp Alagar in connection with his ambush near the capitol nearly three months ago.

In December last year, Deloso, the deputy chief of Camp Alagar’s Regional Police Strategic Management Unit, filed the complaint against PO1 Ian Quitoriano and PO3 Elmer Arabe before the local prosecutor’s office, a month after he survived a broad daylight gun attack at the corner of A. Luna St. and a road leading to the capitol.

In his complaint, Deloso accused Quitoriano and Arabe of being the gunmen responsible for his Nov. 20 morning ambush while he was driving his van near the capitol.

Camp Alagar spokesman Supt. Surki Sereñas said Camp Alagar was unaware of the status of the case.

“Korte ra ug mga concerned individuals ang nasayod,” Sereñas said.

The case however hasn’t reached the court. Regional state prosecutor Merlyn Uy said the City Prosecutor’s Office have yet to decide whether or not the case against Quitoriano and Arabe should be filed in court.

Uy said Quitoriano and Arabe  have already submitted their counter-affidavits and prosecutors were not yet done with their preliminary investigation.

The case is being handled by a three-person prosecution panel created in January by city prosecutor Charisse Bito-on.

Supposedly, the panel should conclude the investigation in 60 days but Uy said this could be extended to 90 days.

“Kon wala nay daghang issues to be resolved during the preliminary  investigation, most probably, the  resolution of the case will come out [within] the 60-day period, whether the case will be dismissed or i-file sa court. But if daghang issues, basin mo-abot ang investigation sa 90 days,” Uy said.

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

POSE

Candidates to this year’s search for Miss Cagayan de Oro stike a pose during their ...

DISCLAIMER: We welcome fiery exchanges but we do not tolerate ad hominem attacks, casting criminal and false aspersion on our reporters and opinion writers. We reserve the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted on our website without prior notice.


POSTING RULES: Do not use obscenity. Stick to the topic discussed. Do not veer away from the discussion and be respectful at all times. Do not use CAPITAL LETTERS as this means shouting in the thread.