By Nora Soriño
Iligan City Bureau Chief .
Iligan City — City Health office spokesman Douglas Quijano said over the weekend that they were saddened by the news that another child had succumbed to dengue last Thursday. This case is from Barangay Ubaldo Laya.
The boy, he said, was reported sick Wednesday last week and died the next day. With this, he added, this is the 18th casualty of dengue from January this year up to press time.
To recall, on Aug. 20, the city was declared under state of calamity. With that P8 million was allocated to purchase machines, medicines, chemicals, treated mosquito net, even as a four o’clock was also launched.
The dengue cases, to note, has registered 1,557 cases as of presstime already.