Breaking News
Home | Top Stories | Iligan police now on alert over alleged terror plot

Iligan police now on alert over alleged terror plot

By NORA SORIÑO
Correspondent

ILIGAN City — Police here went on alert although its chief downplayed an alleged a new terrorism plot here and Cotabato City.

Iligan police director Senior Supt. Leony Roy Ga yesterday said the threat “is not new.”

Ga said  Iligan has been under threat since the Marawi crisis last year.

“We are not taking this lightly” although none “this is not confirmed.”

The scare was a result of reports that quoted Al Haj Murad Ibrahim of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front as warning that there was a plot to attack this city, and that extremist groups have continued their recruitment, and were regrouping.

Ga said the local police is on top of the situation and that Iligan is being secured.

There are strong checkpoints, he said, along the boundaries of Lanao del Norte and Lanao del Sur, and numerous mobile inspections.

Ga said hotels and similar establishments, and even foreigners were being monitored, and the barangay patrol action teams were helping in securing areas.

He said the Iligan police would soon be beefed up by some 50 officers from Camp Alagar.

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

46 Normin samples test negative for polio

By URIEL C. QUILINGUING, Contributing Editor THE Department of Health on Tuesday said the 46 …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *