Breaking News
 
Home | Top Stories | No expenses statement, no assumption of office, poll exec warns

No expenses statement, no assumption of office, poll exec warns

By CONG B. CORRALES
Associate Editor .

THIS early, the Commission on Elections is reminding all those who ran for office in the recently concluded midterm polls, win or lose, to submit their Statements of Contributions and Expenditures (Soces).

“Failure to file Soce may result to the imposition and administrative sanctions against the candidates,” reads part of an advisory issued by City Elections Officer Ramil Acol late last week.

He said all local candidates must submit their Soce, with all its supporting documents and receipts on or before June 12. This, Acol explained, is in accordance with Section 14 of Republic Act 7166.

Under this law, each candidate is obliged to submit three hard copies, one electronic copy in Excel format and one in a portable document format of their Soce.

Acol also reminded the winning and losing candidates to submit the requirements in person because submissions sent through registered mail, courier, or messenger services “shall not be accepted.”

According to Acol, the submission of Soce is required, even if the candidate is not elected; the campaign was self-funded; the candidate incurred no expenditures; the candidate did not pursue or continue his or her campaign; or the candidate withdrew his or her candidacy, unless he or she officially withdrew the same before March 29.

“All the candidates’ submission must be complete, signed, dated, and notarized,” he added.

Section 13 and Section 16 of Comelec Resolution No. 10505 provides that the Soce filed beyond the deadline shall not be accepted except from those who won the elections. Provided, that the Soce of the winning candidate shall be submitted within six months from the date of proclamation without prejudice to payment or administrative penalty for late filing.

Until the submission of Soce, Acol warned, the winning candidate cannot assume office.

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

Van driver in Camiguin crash faces charges over three deaths

By JIGGER JERUSALEM Correspondent . MAMBAJAO, Camiguin– Police yesterday said charges were being prepared against ...

DISCLAIMER: We welcome fiery exchanges but we do not tolerate ad hominem attacks, casting criminal and false aspersion on our reporters and opinion writers. We reserve the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted on our website without prior notice.


POSTING RULES: Do not use obscenity. Stick to the topic discussed. Do not veer away from the discussion and be respectful at all times. Do not use CAPITAL LETTERS as this means shouting in the thread.