Breaking News
Home | Top Stories | Prosecutors okay estafa cases against woman in online scam

Prosecutors okay estafa cases against woman in online scam

By LITO RULONA
Correspondent .

THE City Prosecutor’s Office found probable cause against a woman from Barangay Kauswagan and recommended the filing of 15 counts of estafa before a regional court that is serving as a special cybercrime court.

In three separate resolutions on Monday, deputy city prosecutor Charisse Gallarita-Bitoon approved the recommendation of assistant city prosecutor Omar Sharief Naga for the filing of 15 counts of large-scale estafa charges against Jelie Rose Oredimo.

The prosecutors recommended a bailbond of nearly P2 million for the 15 counts.

Oredimo is among the 17 people arrested by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) for allegedly running a Ponzi-like online scheme here.

Lawyer Alex Cabornay, NBI-10 head agent, alleged that Oredimo served as one of the “big-time handlers” in an online investment scam.

“She is among (the) other personalities in our list of high-value operators of illegal online investment that now materialized as a widespread scam,” he said.

NBI-10 submitted affidavits from complainants who claimed that Oredimo defrauded them of over P15 million through the investment scheme “1K turns 2K in 10 days” via her Facebook account.

The complainants demanded the return of their money but Oredimo allegedly absconded.

In support of the affidavits of the complainants were order slips, receipts, petty cash vouchers, and money transfer receipts.

Naga said Oredimo was told to submit a counter-affidavit but there was none.         

Cabornay said the NBI would continue to file cases against Ponzi-like investment schemes.

Last week, the prosecutor’s office approved the filing of similar charges against other suspects identified as Antonette Sestoso, Rhea Vallejos, Jona Cris Delos Santos and Sarah Mae Cortez.

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

No evidence of arson yet in Verde Soko fire

By JIGGER J. JERUSALEM Correspondent . INVESTIGATORS did not rule out arson in the fire …