The Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan Alumni Association has now opened the submission of nominations of XU graduates for the 2019 Outstanding Alumni Award. The recognition will awarded to candidates who have distinguished themselves by obtaining the highest level of professional competence and accomplishments and who possess the highest standards of integrity and probity to positively reflect the ideals of Xavier University as a Jesuit Catholic and Filipino university.
The awards are given in the following categories, namely:
• Professional Service – For leadership and significant contribution in the professional field.
• Community Service – For productive participation in activities that lead to a positive transformation of community and society.
• Government Service – For distinguished service in the government that promote good governance, accountability, transparency, and ethics.
• XU-AAA Service – For distinguished contribution in promoting quality membership of the XU-Ateneo Alumni Associations and her projects, especially the XU scholarship fund.
• XU-AAA Special Award – For an active or retired XU faculty member or staff who has served the university and has contributed to the benefit of the XU community, students, and alumni through his/her expertise, services or advocacy consistent with the Ignatian values and vision-mission of the university.
The search and screening committee conducts a preliminary selection of the candidates based on the compliance of all the requirements and verification of submitted data. A panel of judges created by the XU-AAA Board of Directos makes the final decision which sall be unappealable.
The awarding ceremony is slated to be held on Nov. 29 at 4 pm at the Audio-Visual Room 1, Xavier University Corrales Avenue Campus. (xu comm)