Breaking News
Home | Cagayan de Oro | Village chiefs involved in Kapa warned

Village chiefs involved in Kapa warned

By LITO RULONA
Correspondent .

Representatives of the Liga ng mga Barangay in both the city and the province are hands-off on the issue in stopping Kapa Community Ministry International Inc. and to help identify barangay officials involved in its operation as ordered by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) central office.

Cagayan de Oro Liga representative Yan Lam Lim said he has not discussed the issue yet because there has been no complaint submitted to his office on the involvement of any barangay officials on Kapa’s operation.

Lim said he will conduct consultation on this matter on the second week of July.

Duna la’y hugon-hugon nga dunay nag-apil nga mga barangay officials sa Kapa’s operation but walay nag-complain nga gipasaka. Illegal man gyud kanang Kapa kay mo-ginansiya og 30 percent sa matag-negosyo,” he said.

The DILG has ordered all local governments to stop giving permits to the Kapa Community Ministry International Inc. and to revoke existing ones.

In a memorandum released on June 13, the DILG said that with the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) revoking the certificate of registration of Kapa, the religious organization is no longer legal and their activities in any of the localities are also deemed illegal.

The SEC has recently revoked Kapa’s certificate of registration for serious misinterpretation of its purpose to the “great prejudice of and or damage to the general public.”

The Court of Appeals also released a freeze order on Kapa’s bank accounts and other assets after finding of probable cause that it had been operating an investment scheme related to unlawful activities.

Dili naman gyud nila makuha kanang ilang gi-invest kay donation baya ilang gipirmahan. Maghulat na lamang sila kung unsay mahitabo ani. Kinahanglan gyud nga ikaw ang mangamot sa negosyo. Walay kapa-ingnan ang easy money tungod kay walay kahago,” Lim pointed out.

In Misamis Oriental, Liga representative Leonardo Winstanley said they are still getting information from any local barangay officials involved in Kapa’s operation in the province.

“Next week mag-patawag ako og meeting about sa issue sa Kapa,” he said.

He said they were informed on the raid conducted at the municipality of Opol regarding Kapa’s operation but no names of any local officials have come out during the investigation conducted by the National Bureau of Investigation-10.

Winstanley said he will issue warning in possible filing of administrative charges against local barangay officials involved on Kapa’s operation especially if they themselves acted as promoter and endorser of its illegal operation in the province.

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

US program alumni give training on handling disasters, abuses

SOME 60 student-leaders and academics participated in a two-day training on human rights and responsibilities, …