BUTUAN City — The most comprehensive online directory of colleges and universities in the country has named the 10 top performing Mindanao universities and colleges in Mindanao in 2018.
Based on the Philippine Universities Ranking 2018 of the FindUniversity.ph, the top Mindanao universities are as follows:
- Ateneo de Davao University, Davao City, 87.3 percent (ranked 10th nationwide);
- Mindanao State University, General Santos City, South Cotabato – 84.6 percent (14th);
- Central Mindanao University, Maramag, Bukidnon, 84.4 percent (23rd);
- Xavier University, Cagayan de Oro, 80.3 percent (24th);
- University of Mindanao, Tagum City, Davao del Norte, 80.0 percent (25th);
- San Pedro College, Davao City, 80 percent (25th);
- Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology Iligan City, 79.4 percent (28th);
- Ateneo de Zamboanga University, Zamboanga City, 76.9 percent (36th);
- Father Saturnino Urios University, Butuan City, 75.5 percent (40th);
- University of Southeastern Philippines, 73.3 percent (56th).
According to the website, the FindUniversity.ph Philippine Universities Ranking is based on the aggregated passing rates of each school in all board exams that their graduates participated in. It is the first Philippine Universities Ranking that is based on relevant, up-to-date and measurable data.
“There are over 60 different board exams conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), and we aggregated the results from those board exams, ranked each school in each board exam, and then aggregated the rankings for each school, to come up with a Weighted Board Exams Ranking for each school. Note that the ranking displayed here contains schools that were ranked in at least 7 board exams.”
The site also revealed their methodology that stated, “We aggregated the board exam passing rates of each school in each board exam, in the past 4 exams. Only first timers were counted (we did not count people who took the exam the 2nd or 3rd time). We ranked each school in each exam, based on its aggregated passing rates.
Schools that had a total of less than 10 examinees (first timers) for a particular board exam during the past four exams were not ranked for that specific exam. “We calculated the weighted position of each school in each board exam. Finally, we calculated the average weighted position of each school in all board exams that school was ranked in,” it said.
For schools in Caraga, FSUU took the top spot, followed by Caraga State University (CSU) in Butuan City with 70.1 percent and then University of Southeastern Philippines (USP) in Bislig City, Surigao del Sur with 45.1 percent.
At the 4th spot is St. Paul University Surigao (SPUS) Surigao City with 43.6 percent, followed by Surigao State College of Technology (SSCT) Surigao City with 41.6 percent, St. Joseph Institute of Technology (SJIT) and Surigao Education Center in Surigao City.
Both FSUU and CSU in Butuan City also ranked in the Top 15 spots in several of the in several of the national licensure board examinations. (erwin mascarinas)