Breaking News
 
Home | Cotabato | Armm provides aid to conflict affected communities

Armm provides aid to conflict affected communities

By Teng Datu,
Cotabato City Bureau Chief

Cotabato City  – The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (Armm) conducted simultaneous medical and relief operations in three municipalities affected by the ongoing military operation against members of the Abu Sayyaf Group in Basilan province.

Armm Governor Mujiv Hataman led the delivery of humanitarian assistance with Sitti Djalia Turabin-Hataman, representative of Anak Mindanao partylist, and officials of the Basilan provincial government, the region’s Social Welfare and Development department, the Armm – Humanitarian Emergency Action and Response Team (Armm-Heart), and the Integrated Provincial Health Office-Basilan.

Based on Armm-Heart data, the relief assistance – comprising of rice, noodles, coffee, and sardines as well as medical aid – reached at least 3,000 families in the municipalities of Albarka, Tipo-Tipo and Ungkaya Pukan.

Myrna Jo Henry, Armm-Heart information officer, said the Armm-Heart convergence team headed by Ramil Masukat, regional disaster risk reduction management officer, has been in the area since July 19 to validate the number of affected families, deliver relief assistance and provide other appropriate interventions.

“The Armm government will serve another 500 affected families this week,” Henry said. Armm-Heart is an emergency rapid response team that provides coordinated actions by all regional line agencies to limit the adverse impact of disasters and conflicts in affected communities.

Haber Asarul, Armm assemblyman in the lone district of Basilan, said the provincial government headed by Basilan Governor Jim Saliman provided roughly 5,000 food packs to the affected families last week.

He said most of the displaced families are from the villages of Bohe-Piang and Magcawa in Albarka town, Silangkum and Baguindan in Tipo-Tipo, and Sungkayut and Matata in Ungkaya Pukan.

Gov. Hataman said the regional government will closely monitor the ongoing military operation in the province to ensure the safety of the affected residents.

Facebooktwitter

About mindanao goldstar daily

mindanao goldstar daily
TREND MAKER. Mindanao Gold Star Daily was established in 1989 to set ablaze a new meaning & flame to the local newspaper business. Throughout the years it continued its focus and interest in the rural areas & pioneered the growth of countryside journalism.

Check Also

Village chair nabbed for rape, no bail recommended

By Nora Soriño, Iligan City Bureau Chief Sita Asequia and Hermie Arcilla Correspondents . Iligan ...

DISCLAIMER: We welcome fiery exchanges but we do not tolerate ad hominem attacks, casting criminal and false aspersion on our reporters and opinion writers. We reserve the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted on our website without prior notice.


POSTING RULES: Do not use obscenity. Stick to the topic discussed. Do not veer away from the discussion and be respectful at all times. Do not use CAPITAL LETTERS as this means shouting in the thread.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *