Breaking News
Home | Cagayan de Oro | Court orders resort developer to vacate beach front

Court orders resort developer to vacate beach front

By NITZ ARANCON,
Correspondent

A municipal trial court judge has ordered a local resort developer to vacate a beachfront property that he has been managing and developed.

Judge Maria Luna Llena Lanticse-Saba, presiding Judge the Municipal Trial Court-Branch 5, ordered Jesus “Ritchie” Salloman to vacate Sonrisa Vista Resorts located at Barangay Bayabas, this city.

In the 17-page decision dated Sept. 30, Lanticse-Saba order Salloman to pay the amount of P146,767.814 to an Alfredo Lago, Sr as payment for rental arrears on the use of the property from April 2018 to September 2019. The judge said Salloman should pay Lago who has claimed ownership of the property.

The court ordered Salloman to pay Lago seven percent interest for every year he failed to pay Lago. The court also ordered Salloman to defray attorney’s fee of P20 thousand.

Lanticse-Saba’s decision stems from a civil case for “unlawful detainer and sum of money” that Lago filed against Salloman.

According to Lago, Salloman failed to pay rental for the use of his property since April last year at P5,000 per month.

Lago said he and Salloman have a signed agreement that Salloman will rent out his property for 10 years starting on April 6, 2011 up to April 6, 2021 at P5,000 per month.

The contested property is 3,585 square meters.

However, Lago said Salloman started defaulting in paying rent starting in April last year despite their signed agreement in April 2011.

For his part, Salloman said he has already filed an appeal of the MTC decision before a higher court.

He said he asked a higher court to review the decision of Lanticse-Saba.

Salloman said he stopped paying Lago the rent for the property after learning through the Department of Environment and Natural Resources that the piece of property is still owned by the government and not by the Lago family.

Ang ilang pag-reclaim ana nga yuta unauthorized kay wala man nila ma-comply ang mga requirement sa ilang application for reclamation didto sa Philippine Reclamation Authority. Mao nang kana nga yuta, gi-subject sa Philippine Reclamation Authority nga forfeited in favor of the government,” Salloman said.

Salloman said this is the reason why he filed an appeal to a higher court to settle once and for all the ownership of the beach front property.

Ang gi-resolve sa korte ang unlawful detainer and sum of money. Wala pa ma-resolve as to who is the  right owner of that land,” argued Salloman.

Facebooktwitter

About Nitz Arancon

Nitz Arancon
Nitz Arancon started his career in the broadcast media. He worked as a cameraman for a news program of a local TV station, and subsequently became a reporter and later, commentator of the now defunct radio station DxJR.

Check Also

‘OUSTANDING FAMILY’

‘OUSTANDING FAMILY.’ Mario Bebelone and his family of Barangay Agusan are flanked by city hall …