THE Lanao del Sur Task Force on the 2015 Census of Population started to monitor the on-going census operation in the said province on August 10, 2015, as ordered by the province’s local chief executive, Governor Mamintal “Bombit” Alonto Adiong, Jr.
Monitored so far by the task force were the municipalities of Wato-Balindong, Ditsaan-Ramain, BuadiPusoBuntong, and Bubong. Members of the task force included former Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) ARMM Regional Director Commando Pilimpinas, Provincial Cooperative Officer Musa Diamla and Provincial Information Officer Salma Jayne Tamano.
“The census operation so far is smooth and we are hopeful that we will have accurate data as this shall help us in the LGU come up with the right decisions, plans, policies, programs and projects,” Adiong said.
Adiong created the task force to comply with the DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2015-39 which enjoins all local chief executives to fully support the PSA regional and provincial offices and cooperate with them in the conduct of the census.
Support includes provision of police escorts, transportation for census personnel and their materials, training facilities for census enumerators and supervisors during their training, and lodging facilities for census personnel sent to areas that are outside of their official station.
The POPCEN 2015 completely enumerates the number of households in the country and shall make an inventory of its total population. Further, it gathers information on the age, sex, educational attainment and marital status of the population. Enumeration started last August 10 and shall end on September 6, 2015 in most provinces. This may be extended until September 30 in big cities.